Grad Tuštanj, Peter Pirnat s.p.
Zgornji Tuštanj 1, 1251 Moravče
- T: +386 (0)41 841 080
- W: http://www.gradtustanj.si/
Tuštanj Castle is among the few castles in Slovenia in which an original collection of furniture, porcelain, documents, land register, tiled stoves and other antiques are kept.
The castle was built in 1490 and got its present form in 1671. The first nobility mentioned in connection with the castle, is the Lichtenberg family. Tuštanj Castle is the only preserved castle from the six castles that once dominated the Moravče Valley. Given that it was home to many noble families for more than 500 years of its existence, it has a very rich history and many stories to tell. The most interesting of all of them is definitely the one about how the castle passed over from the hands of noblemen into the hands of the family of Luka Pirnat, a castle gardener.
The castle has an arcaded courtyard and four corridors with halls that guard the pearls of the interior furnishings dating from the lifetimes of past nobility.
Tuštanj castle offer:
- Experience an unforgettable wedding – a civil and a church ceremony in a standard wedding dress or in a medieval costume.
- Learn about life within the castle walls on a guided tour; by prior arrangement, groups will be served home-made delicacies.
- Organisation of field trips for schools and kindergartens.
- Organise events and seminars in a unique castle ambient.
- Attend castle cultural events.
GPS: N 46°07'39" / E 14°43'19"