Skip to main content

Church of St. Andrew with Holy Sepulchre, Vače

Church of St. Andrew with Holy Sepulchre, Vače

Župnijski urad Vače

Vače 41a, 1252 Vače

  • T: 00386 1 897 61 26

The Church of St. Andrew (“cerkev Sv. Andreja”) in the village of Vače holds a glass holy sepulchre from 1864. The images are composed of multi-coloured glass cut at different angles. Glass sheets are attached to a dark canvass, so that when the lights are turned on, the masterpiece shines in all its splendour.

The church also owns preserved oil paintings, a sacristy bell from 1645, a monstrance from 1716, an organ and a pulpit. It is also the home of a glass case with soil from the Geometric Centre of Slovenia (GEOSS), which was kissed by Pope John Paul II during his visit to Slovenia in May 1996.

GPS: N 46°07'08'' / E 14°50'11''